Where did Hannah come from? This is an often talked about subject at our house. Let me recap yesterday and give you a bit of a history lesson for you to understand.
I took her to McDonalds for some nuggets. Yes this was her first Happy Meal and so now the collection of toys starts (you know what I mean, everyone keeps them for a few years until they realize that the toys have made a cycle and they are now getting the same toys they did 3 years ago so now they can throw the old ones out without getting noticed because they are being replaced). Anyways, the prize of this week is My Little Pony. Hannah was thrilled, her reaction was what I am hoping for on Christmas. In the McDonalds we were at there is a water feature. So Hannah proceeds to sit in front of it on the floor with her legs out in front of her and is singing a song (probably from Strawberry Shortcake, which is a whole other story). After coming and taking a bite of nuggets she goes back to her spot and sits down and starts spinning around using her feet to turn her. After 5 or so spins she stands up and puts her head down on the floor in preparation to do a somersault. After telling her "no" "ew gross" she stays like that looking at the water. She has her own little adgenda for everything we do and is not satisfied until it is complete.
Ryan's work had their Christmas party last night so his mom watched Hannah. The neighbor's cat was outside when we got there. Now for the history lesson: I am not an animal person. Goldfish are about my limit. I am gratful that there are those out there that can hold and love their animals, but I am not one of them. I can honestly say that I have never picked up a cat and the one time I have held a dog on my lap it was for a free aggie ice cream cone (I was 7). Ryan had a dog or cat always growing up so he is not as weird as animals as I am. Present time. We have a child who will touch, pet, hold, kiss almost any animal that comes her way. The cat from last night for example. She followed this cat, who weighed as much as her, around for 15 minutes outside saying, "Hey cat, in the house, in the house, the house, the house". She got pretty frustrated that the cat didn't want to come in the house. So she tried picking it up, pushing it in, and even pulled it's tail once. Finallaly Becky brought the cat inside, Hannah was thrilled. She pushed the cat (by his backside) into the toy room "you play me? toys, toys, toys" Yep, she wanted the cat to play with the toys with her. I am meanwhile trying not to be totally grossed out and make her go wash her hands. After a few minutes the cat needed to go home and go to bed, she was tired. So, we put her back outside, by we I mean Ryan, and Hannah had a complete meltdown.
So where did our little Hannah came from. Heaven of course, but she is definatly her own person. She does have enough personality traits from both of us that it is undeniable she's ours. I sure do love her. She is a good kid and so much fun to play with. I can't imagin life without her. However, I am already making a list of reasons why we can't have every pet in the book, because I am afraid I'll need it in the future!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Some Ramblings...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
trivaThat's such a cute little story! It made me cry, just a little (big surprise?) anyways I do love that silly little girl too, she is just to fun to be around and definately heaven sent!!! love you guys! I Can't wait to see you at Christmas time!
Haha too funny! I am like you- I am not an animal person- they gross me out! Hopefully Hannah forgets about the cat lol
Hannah sounds like a character. I'm like you, not an animal person. Its all I can do to stand back and let Savannah touch the cats at my mother in law's house. Yuck, yuck!
I don't like animals either...which is one thing that I love about living here...no animals allowed! And of course my kids LOVE animals...
Post a Comment